malvestida.blogspot.com / Farah Rescalvo interview!


Malvestida is a Mexican fashion blog that published an interview of the designer Farah Rescalvo, who you should know already.

There you go:

Who? Farah Rescalvo
What? Illustrator

1. How long have you been drawing for and how did you know you wanted to work on that?

Ever since I was 4 years old I realized how much I liked drawing. I used to draw with whatever I had in hand and wherever I could, like walls, mirrors and even my parent’s clothes. I guess I’m lucky because it was something innate and I’ve always been in touch with that part of me.


2. How is your creative process most of the time?

I don’t really follow a process; actually the ideas for my illustrations are the representation of my dreams. Everything I draw comes from my heart and mind, mostly when I’m sleeping.


3. Paper or digital?

Paper, always. Nothing more genuine and beautiful than expressing it physically.


4. Do you collect something? What?

Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with Woody Allen’s films, he is my cinematographic idol. Whenever I travel I try to find more of his movies in order to finally complete my collection.


5. What are you going to ask Santa Claus this year?

I think a good supply of Posca markers wouldn’t do any harm.


Check out more of her work at http://quierover.carbonmade.com